Google Shopping Feed
Getting your products well positioned in Google Merchant Center can make Google Shopping your #1 sales channel.
Google Shopping Feed for Magento allows you to supply Google with highly relevant data in the most efficient way possible. We haven't settled for just making a feed that will "pass", we provide the tool-set for you to dominate Google Shopping results.
The features of this extension have been driven by an internet marketing expert, and our customers. The main goal is to product feed data that is exactly what Google wants. Please review our User's Guide as well as the Version History tab below to see some our our latest developments.
If you sell Apparel and define all your sizes and colors as custom product options and not Configurable products with Associated Simple Products, our extension will not work properly for you.
Supported Magento Versions: Enterprise 1.9.2 - 1.14.x, Community 1.4.2 - 1.9.x
During installation and configuration, if you run into anything that does not work according to our documentation, please open up a support case at help.rocketweb.com and we'll be sure to resolve it.
- New Features: Keep price and inventory fresh with Google automatic item updates, Cascading column map definitions, Join attributes together to form one value
- Upgrade Note: Some of the settings have been moved from various config sections to been directive parameters in the Column Map. It's best to have a database backup before upgrade. After upgrade review your feed definition to make sure configs have been migrated properly.
- Fix Sale Expiry date
- Product Type Using Magento Category directive enhanced to include all active product categories
- Simplify the "Associated products - Fetch ..." drop-downs logic, also fix apparel not following the logic
- Correlate "Associated products - Fetch main image from" logic to "Replace Empty" rules, so that replace empty happens for both parent and associated when cascading them
- Do not skip duplicates in test mode to avoid no output for stand alone products in test mode
- Fix inherit apparel columns to configurable from associated items when feed is set to add only configurable in the feed
- Added uninstall shell script
- Fix skipped possible duplicates
- Fix config paths failing to save the values in database and default configs to match config options.
- Fix duplicates removal - there where missing visible items when parent is not included in the feed
- Enhanced column map configuration grid to specify directive parameters for each column individually
- Limit shipping weight to only 2 decimals
- Fix double currency conversion when including taxes in price
- Add option to specify which image type to output with the image directives: image or additional_images
- Add option for Product Type by Magento Category directive to limit the number of category paths at output.
- Fix the setting to skip empty columns
- Fix apparel variant mixed warning messages
- Adding bundle options to overwrite cumulative weight.
- Adding admin setting for overwriting configurable sub-items availability for out of stock parent item.
- Checked EE 18.104.22.168 and CE 22.214.171.124 compatibility.
- Support WebShopApp MatrixRates
- Bundle products apparel now have the option to detail sub-items
- Add map directive capabilities to Replace Empty feature
- Remove duplicate configurable sub-items when they are visible in catalog instead of not visible individually.
- Bundle sub-item form unique URLs which autoselect on product page bundle options so that the feed item matches information on page
- Implement description fallback logic for configurable apparel sub-items using "Associated products - Fetch description from"
- Moved submit products with no image setting to Skip product with empty setting.
- Refactor including products only from selected categories for easier output only specific categories
- Add support for apparel size_type and size_system
- Force qty = 1 for grouped products when is not defined.
- Fix batch mode freeze after an incomplete batch run. Added lock file cleanup for this situation.
- Fix shipping methods list in config dropdown to reflect the config scope
- Force shipping request to SalePrice if Price is not set; this fixes wrong shipping info been computed for methods with price threshold.
- Fix price rounding issue when includes tax price
- Fix grouped product price - include tax
- Fix configurable sale price - date range issues
- Fix hasSpecialPrice errors, causing invalid special price to show up for some products.
- Fix configurable price when no configurable attributes are found in product definition.
- Fix showing special price instead of catalog rule price when special price is not effective.
- Fix unique URLs for associated configurable items
- Fix grouped product to include the tax when using min price from the group of products.
- Grouped price fix when set to compute sum of the associated items
- Fix bundle pricing with special price
- Allow special price of children to be overwritten with values from the configurable
- Fix price excluding tax on bundle and configurable
- Fix special price including tax.
- Fix segmentation fault for grouped products
- Fix infinite price overwrite loop
- IMPORTANT UPGRADE NOTE: changed default feed storage path to [path to magento]/media/feeds/ ... upgrade customers who do not have a directory specified in settings -> Feed path of the extension config will have their feeds moved from var/rw_google_base to media/feeds. To keep your feed in var/rw_google_base please put var/rw_google_base in the Feed path field
- add support for organicinternet/magento-configurable-simple extension
- create price ranges and apply labels to them. To be used with 'Adwords Price Buckets' directive in column map.
- add support for new locales / languages, da-DK, tr-TR
- fix, map additional image link for configurable and grouped follow same logic as image link, depends on the associated products mapping mode switch.
- add support for bundle with dynamic weight
- fix store domain in additional image link
- fix product url directive function when the column is different than "link"
- change default of "Apply Catalog Price Rules" to Yes
- Removed the Manufacturer / Brand directive to use a direct attribute code in the column map. Older versions are been automatically updated in the config so that it uses the new setup.
- Moved Adwords mapping to Directives so that any column name can be mapped to them.
- Changed fallback logic of mapping attributes to: Attribute Value > By Category setting > Static Value
- Add directive "Identifier Exists" for automatic detection of it's value based on brand, mpn and gtin values.
- Add directive "Parent Product Id" to replace the old "Apparel - Item Group Id", so that the same output can be used for all products not just apparel
- Add option to replace column empty values with Static Values as part of the Replace Empty function
- Fix apparel identification to include replace empty values rules
- Fix support for UK feed colour column
- Fix segmentation fault errors on grouped products when trying to get associated items
- Fix category separator in Product Type using Magento Category directive
- Fix map by category matching to use the "order" values in the logic.
- Add Norwegian language in the Locale dropdown
- Fix category order in the output of Product Type by Magento Category directive.
- Cleanup hasSpecialPrice method to remove the dependency on special_price_start_date.
- Make sale_price_effective_date empty of the special price start date is empty.
- Filter out categories from other stores when getting category tree in the"Product Type using Magento Category" directive.
- Fix replace empty for configurable apparel item
- Fix error on creating the lock file path
- Fix google category mapping - product attribute overwrites value from by category
- Fix filtering out out of stock items for configurable / apparel
- Merge Apparel variant & non-variant settings together
- Fix malformed feeds when multiple scripts are running the same store at the same time
- Block unintended overwrite of the in-progress batch run
- Implement all "by Category" parent matching
- Fix select attribute values to relay on proper store is provided
- Fix _segfault_ errors cause by memory release methods
- Fix configurable price inconsistency
- Fix mixing selected store data with default store data, also errors like "Store with code 'default' doesn't exists." when the store code is not "default"
- Configurable gets out of stock if all of associated are out of stock
- Fix sale_price for apparel items having catalog promotion rule setup
- Fix configurable pricing to follow the magento frontend pricing
- Fix variant columns (color, size, ..) values merge causing the configurable parent to get empty values for these columns when in configurable only mode
- Added Find and Replace feature (beta)
- Associated product rating information is wired to the parent rating information
- Update supported languages and countries Australia, Canada, Denmark, Norway, Poland, Sweden
- Remove currency column and directive
- Append store currency code to prices per Google's new spec
- Added support for AheadWorks subscription product types
- Added support for Toybanana_ExtImages extension images.
- Fix simple products been skipped when are part of grouped or configurable from another store
- Fix apparel pricing when no price is configured by variable attribute and needs to fallback on associated base price to exclude discounts
- Fix configurable / apparel pricing setup with option price to match values by product and website
- Fix missing value of variant apparel attribute with the size attribute.
- Variant attributes are now filled in for all variant apparels, not just for Clothing and Shoes
- Adding the "Inventory Count" directive intended to map over legacy 'quantity' column. Quantity Mode option determines the logic applied for parent items.
- Map size and color apparel directives also for non-apparel and merge all associated values for size and color into the configurable item value.
- Fix blank configuration screen on instances with broken category setup.
- add Auto Skip Products yes/no to allow a feed to be generated with all, not manually skipped products even if some do not contain valid information
- add support for apparel feeds in Czech, Germany, France, Japan and Russia
- associated products - Form unique urls for not visible associated products ... add option to apparel products, add option to automatically select attribute values on page load
- apparel, change US Feed yes/no to "Allow Apparel without Color or Size" yes/no
- when images exist for associated child products, make sure they are used rather than the configurable
- under Allow Apparel without Color or Size add optional text boxes to fill in default color and size
- add links to local specific taxonomies and additional info about specific feed columns to documentation
- allow product type and adwords by category fields to descend the category tree like google category does currently
- allow feed to use product's category image for the image link
- replace empty values not working properly
- remove payment_accepted and Payments Accepted multi select box ... this is no longer in the google shopping spec
- out of stock filter no longer relying on price index
- set default for Weight Unit of Measurement to pounds
- change "TTL" to "Days from Today that Feed Will Expire"
- do not add expiration_date column by default as this is no longer required and Google will default to 30 days
- set default value of "Add to Product URL" to "?utm_source=google_shopping"
- fix fatal error incase Magento required php extension mbstring is not installed
- change inline help references of "?utm_source=froogle" to "?utm_source=google_shopping"
- fix Warning: Missing argument 1 for Mage_Core_Model_Abstract::load()
- add "Use My Categories" button for Product Type by Category
- add button to copy "Google Product Category by Category" to other "by Category" options.
- fix applied for occasional missing product url in multistore setup / categories assigned to product.
- removed the store_code parameter from URLs in mapDirectiveUrl
- fix pickup wrong store (default) when feed is generated with the store context.
- Google Product Category by Category values set for a parent category will now match all subcategories by default.
- add Product Type using Magento Category directive for product type.
- added the possibility to omit some categories from the "Product Type using Magento Category" directive by specifying words matching the target categories
- added es_ES and it_IT to locale / apparel matching
- set "Log skip products messages" to yes by default on a new install
- remove "Experimental" from batch segmentation
- change extension name in admin to Google Shopping Feed
- fix multi store environment, secondary store adds images with primary store hostname as additional images
- change Quick Start Advanced Documentation Apparel Documentation to just Extension Documentation at top of extension
- allow static values set in "by Category" functions for parent categories that don't have any products assigned to apply to all products in their child categories
- Add Support for manufacturer values supplied in the aheadWorks Shop By Brand extension
- update Generate Feed button to access correct store code variable
- updated shipment format to US::ShippingRate:5.00
- fix error on mapping product attributes which where not defined as attributes in column map.
- adding static value directive
- improved configurable overwrite attribute
- fixed truncating characters in multistore sufix product ID
- improved shipping table rates format
- added review directives: Product Review Count & Product Review Average
- fix disabled product filter for early version 1.4.x
- add catalog only visible products to feed
- fix apparel attribute wrong values for gender, color, size when multiple are matched with values as part of this set.
- memory performance and leak improvements
- fix weight doubled measure symbol for configurable
- added script in shell directory where additional options can be set to run the feed manually on the command line including allowing more memory than is normally available to Magento
- Fix EE 126.96.36.199 Fatal error: Call to undefined method Mage_Bundle_Model_Product_Price::getTotalPrices() in /Model/Map/Product/Bundle.php on line 43
- Added switch for international versions of Google Shopping Feed. Currently useful for apparel and installment payments for Brazil
- Added configurable overwrite attributes - will use in feed the configurable parent values for apparel products with variants - set apparel triggers.
- Added Adwords feed columns support: adwords_grouping, adwords_labels, adwords_redirect.
- Fix some warning errors in Log class.
- Skip product if type is not supported